I saw the pattern for this bag in one of the patchwork magazines and decided to try it out. I don't think I'll make it again! It is an octagonal bag and will be useful for my crochet but not really the sort of bag I want to use as a bag!
I 've got my pictures all wrong but the one above is of the shell beads which I attached to the flaps. There were four of them in all.
This is the top. The tie goes through the loops and then pulls the bag closed.
This is the bottom of the bag.
And another picture of the bag with the flaps showing in more detail. I also put shell beads around the top. It was an interesting concept but the instructions were bizarre. As they usually are I find. It didn't take long to make. As you can see from the picture below when laid out it looks a bit like a dead jellyfish!