Monday, October 11, 2010

Some more pictures!

I've been busy sorting out pictures for printing onto fabric as I'm doing memory and photo quilts with my students. I took loads of photos while I was recently in Scotland so here are few that I think are interesting!

It rained heavily while we were there and the burns were in full flow. What a few days previously had been rock strewn rivulets overnight became torrents of foaming water!

I came across this ruined croft while wandering in the hills and took a scenic view of the loch through the ruined window. What a glorious view to wake up to!

This is a close up of the view above.

I found these stones and their reflections in the water totally fascinating!

And then to my delight this enormous dragonfly landed on one of the stones!

Loch Rannoch where we were staying. And the photo below is of the view from our bedroom window with the early morning mist curling over the Loch.


And last but not least a lovely tree showing three colours of leaves. The green of summer plus the yellows and reds of autumn.



I am full of ideas as to how to use these pictures in pieces of work and just need to get organised. Easier said than done! And I need to dye a collection of autumnal colours!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pics - I'm feeling inspired myself! love the autumnal colours & just beginning to appreciate the creative fascination with leaves! love it!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn Sue but then it runs so quickly into Christmas! But leaves will always be a fascination for me!

    ReplyDelete