Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oranges and Lemons and a lot more!



















I am doing a six week course at the Sewing Studio, Redruth in September. The above are two of the blocks we will be doing. Also are plums, apples, pears, cherries and strawberries. The whole thing is a fruit quilt with the fruits appliqued onto each block and embellished with fabric pens and machine stitching. I had great fun making the blocks and thinking of the designs. Now I have to find some time to put it all together so that I can put it up in the shop as a sample for the class! 

Still got a bit of a cold. It has really hung on but at least the weather is a bit cooler. Hopefully I will be completely well by the time of the NEC. After all our hard work I want it to be perfect! I'm really looking forward to it but am finding that the show management makes one jump through several hoops! Less than three weeks to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment