Friday, March 21, 2008

Time goes by too quickly!

Time just disappears. I think I'm keeping up with the blog and lo and behold days have gone by. So what have I been doing? When I stop and think about it, not a lot! Sad isn't it!
-
I read Gabrielle's blog and had to do this test!



The Recipe For Valeri



3 parts Naughtiness

2 parts Poise

1 part Sweetness



Splash of Mischief



Chug!

What's the Recipe for Your Personality?



Not the most difficult test in the world! In fact each time I entered my name I got a different result but the above is the first one. I could have gone for a much more erudite rendition of my name but I was honest! Really!
-
I have finished the single bed log cabin quilt I was making and it is on the bed! This is the table centre I made with the two left over blocks. I used up scraps of fabric so the colours although consistent weren't from the same pieces of material. It is very bright!


And I was also able to do the quilting using my new Fab-U-Motion tool which I bought at the Exeter show. I am so pleased with this! I had seen them advertised and also read about them on-line but wasn't going to buy one sight unseen. Too much money to take a chance on whether it was going to be good or not. But at the show I saw one demonstrated and had a go and I was hooked. It is the most amazing piece of equipment. It makes free machining a breeze. No more tired, tight, achy shoulders. No dragging of the fabric. Brilliantly smooth underneaths. What more could one want. The plate is set on a set of movable rods for want of a better description and the fabric is put over the plate and then moved side to side or up and down. The hole is quite large and ample for stitching. When one runs out of space just pull the plate over and continue. So easy! The movement is really smooth with no jerks. I found it simple to use, especially with smaller pieces of work. My first practise piece was only about 18" square and I had no problems at all. However I did have to master a learning curve when doing the larger single bed quilt as one has to get one's head round the bunched up fabric at the right of the needle on the machine bed when moving the plate. However practice makes perfect and I accomplished what I'd intended without too much aggro on my part! I'm certainly pleased with it. It works better on my Husqvarna than my Bernina having more room but the picture above is of it on my Bernina. And in fact the quilt was done on the Bernina as at that time I hadn't tried it on the Husqvarna. I am in love!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great but I can't get my head round how it works!! also can you order some sunshine for May as it usually rains at our annual motorcycle club rally at Altarnun nr Bodmin :)

    ReplyDelete