Saturday, March 08, 2008

Day out at a Quilt Show!


I had a really lovely day out today. Myself and three friends went to the quilt exhibition at Westpoint in Exeter. It was a miserable day weather wise with rain and mist for most of the hundred mile journey there and the return wasn't any better. In fact it was worse! But we had a lovely day. Spent far too much money on lovely things, saw some beautiful quilts and met up with other friends who had also made the trip. A few of my favourites are shown above. I especially loved the hanging by the Hope Quilters, shown in the bottom row. It made us laugh as this is so true of quilting groups all over! The picture of the small house quilt (second up on the left) is made of tiny tiny log cabin blocks! It must have taken a while to work it all out. We had the most delicious Danish pastries and latte coffee and didn't feel at all remorseful about our diets!
-
However the day was slightly marred when I broke one of my back molars. The hole feels like a chasm and I can't do anything about it until Monday! I feel as if I've been socked in the jaw! The sewing machine vendor where my friend Sue bought a new sewing machine had a bowl of free sweeties on offer and so I thought I'd take one while waiting for Sue to finish the transaction. My mistake as that sweet blighted my life!
-
A lot of fabric was on offer and I of course succumbed! I also found some animal strips which are just right for making an eye spy quilt or an attic windows quilt for the grandchildren. Fred is mad about horses and Fenella is well into dogs. Of course I need this fabric like a hole in the head but I just couldn't resist it. I also bought some single embellishing needles for using with my felting technique. And only three books! This is very good for me. One of them is about machine trapunto, a technique that I want to do more of so I am going to be busy! At least I will be busy when the tooth isn't giving me gyp!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely collage, Val. You must have really enjoyed yourself before the tooth broke. (been there!) I needed some eye candy so your blog post came along just in time !
    Regards, Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Val! did that myself one Xmas munching on brazil nuts, VERY annoying!! (tooth).
    Love in particular the quilts on the bottom row too!! SUPER photo's, how do you make a collage of them, makes is easy to look at a selection!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, Sorry to hear about your tooth but glad you had a good time succumbing to the fabric. Thanks for the nomination also. I am back to posting. Needed some time away from the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that tooth is fixed now, Valeri.

    ReplyDelete