Saturday, June 16, 2012

Even more bags!

I'm on a roll when it comes to bag making. I made these two bags today after lunch! Took me about six hours in total.


















The bag above is shaped and very simple. I free machined feathers up the fabric following the bars of colour. I'm really quite pleased with it and I was able to find an antique button to go with it. 

















The above bag is just a normal tote bag with squared bottom and loop fastening. Again I was able to find an antique button to go with it. The quilting followed the lines of the mandala fabric and was, I think, quite effective. There are plenty of pockets in all the bags!  I shall offer this bag as the prize in the draw we will run at Sandown. The draw at Malvern was very popular so we will repeat it. 

The black bag was made a while ago and I used faux suede and a woven panel which I did using two fat quarters. It is very effective. This bag has a shaped bottom with feet and a bag stiffening at the base. All the bag findings were got from U-handbag. (See earlier post)






Below is a piece of crazy patchwork I have started to make another bag. It is good to have some hand sewing to do in the evenings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment