Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back to normal....well almost!


It was good to see the grandchildren and Caroline again though I didn't get a thing done while they were down. We had a day in Penzance and went over the causeway to St Michael's Mount. The castle was shut, being winter, but the tide was low and the sun was shining and the walk over is fun. The kids enjoyed it. The sand had some interesting patterns of which I took pictures for future reference. Also there was a wrought iron gate into the churchyard that had an interesting feature or two. The views down the coast were fantastic as it was so clear. For a February day it was magnificent. The car was a very old one we saw in Penzance. It isn't every day that one sees one of these cars so I took a picture. I also added a picture in the middle of the collage of the children with their grandfather. We found the red dog in a charity shop in Penzance which was quite a find and Fred was delighted with it. Fenella prefers the fluffy variety so we bought her a soft toy to add to her collection.


I have been enjoying lovely wood fires in the evenings and admiring the new floor! Just curling up with a book and relaxing. After a full day's activities with two small ones this was bliss! And we have lots of offcuts from the floor plus all the old skirting boards to burn.


I have not been able to get a lot done on TIF number 2. The above sketches and the two below are all that I have achieved. There is no way that I can be finished by the end of the month. I haven't got further than sketching out ideas. However I have decided on which direction I wish to go in and I might get it done next week given some free time. The only trouble with visitors is that there is so much to do when they go!



The sketch on the right below is the one that I am going to go with. It is simple and it says all that I want to say. The contrast between then and now is so great. Then our freedoms were restricted due to war and now our freedoms are again becoming restricted due to our useless government and an overburdening of 'health and safety'. We don't actually see the barbed wire in our lives but it is there all the same. The sun is slowly setting on an existence that we are only just appreciating as we lose it. As a young child I didn't see anything odd about what this picture portrays - as an adult it means so much more symbolically!


On a brighter note I have actually managed to make a log cabin top ( I needed a sample for class last week) and some tray cloths! Pictures of these later. This week we are doing set in circles which should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos of Fenella and Fred. And what a difference the wooden floor makes! I'll have to come and see it in the flesh (as it were) at Easter.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete