Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Being busy!


I have spent a lot of the last few weeks looking for things I've lost and finding other things that I'd forgotten I'd got! The annoying thing is that I know exactly where the things I've lost are but only if I hadn't moved the rooms around! 














This crazy patchwork block is one that got lost in a Round Robin. I made it about eight years ago just after my grandson Oscar died at the age of nine months. The dark semi circle to represent the death but the colours above to show that one could go on and that one still had all the memories. Unfortunately it just disappeared somewhere in the US! Should anyone find it unexpectedly ...well it belongs to me!

The sketch above is a table runner I want to make. It is just an idea and needs working on but having now found this sketch I will make sure it gets used! And another sketch that I want to expand and use is the one below. I had an idea for using moon shapes with overlays of chiffon or net. Well all I need is time!



I have a dozen fruit blocks like the one of gooseberries below which I had forgotten I'd got! They need to be made into a quilt! I have apples, pears, plums, peaches, oranges, lemons; to name but a few plus twisting strawberry blocks to link them! Again it's all down to time!

With the above blocks was this odd piece of printed fabric. It is so long ago since I did it that I have forgotten why I did it. Perhaps I was just playing! But now I've found it I'm sure I'll be able to find some use for it! It's good to play occasionally as sometimes really useful things emerge! 















However in spite of the fun of finding hidden treasures I still haven't found the pieces of fabric that I was looking for or the notes and handouts that I need for my next class which means I'll have to start from scratch! I bet they turn up the week after the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment