Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Like the Phoenix!

I am going to start again and this time I'll make more of an effort to keep up to date! There is just so much to do and so little time! We have just come back from exhibiting at Quilts UK Malvern and had a really good time. Our next show will be The Festival of Quilts at the NEC at the beginning of August so we have time to replenish stocks. We are off to Scotland in two and a half weeks to stay in our time share apartment on Loch Rannoch for two weeks. Lots of fishing, walking and just relaxing! Can't wait! And we'll catch up with my son Andrew and his wife Mel!

I have self published a small book on Silk Ribbon embroidery and so have been doing lots of silk ribbon work. I've been combining it with crazy patchwork and have really been having fun! Here are some of the things I've been sewing!
 











The book is just the first in a series I plan to do. The second one will be on applique! 














This is going to be made into a small sachet for rose pot pourri. The silk background piece is one I hand-dyed and it was lovely to work on. 














 This time I used silk paints on a piece of habutai. I don't know what this will end up as!















 This little motif will be the centre on a silk covered coat hanger. Coat hanger covers are so easy to make and look good too!














 This is part of a long strip and will make a sachet with a drawstring top and circular base.















Another hand-dyed piece of taffeta but I don't know what it will become! 











A piece of silk ribbon work that was lost and lonely and so got added into this crazy patchwork block. I think that is what I'll do with a couple of the pieces above! When I have enough blocks I'll turn them into a throw! Hand sewing is good to do in the evenings as one can still be sociable whereas if I machine I have to go to the workroom and work on my own! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I suspect your little book on silk ribbon embroidery will sell like hot cakes. Your own work is WAY above what I could hope to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. You are too kind! :-) I shall try to keep up the good work!

      Delete