Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The first show of the year!

We are off to Ardingly in Sussex tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. This will be our first show this year and one we haven't done before. It is about 298 miles in total. A long way in a mobile home. There will be no dashing along at 70 miles per hour and overtaking everything in sight! Oh well a slowish journey but I will be able to take in more of the countryside.

I have been to Ardingly before as in a previous life I used to show dogs and the show at Ardingly was one I went to. However this was so far in the dim and distant past that I don't remember it. Caroline was two at the time and she is now into her forties! Doesn't time fly! It will be fun living in the mobile home as opposed to a Travel Lodge...well I hope it will be! 

One thing I have found out from experience is that lists are a good thing. I have lists for food to take, clothes to take, things that we need for the stand and stuff that we are going to sell! I can then tick off and know that all things are covered. I have found a good site that allows one to print out daily and weekly lists. Very useful when one has a project to get done in a specific amount of time. The site is here. One of the best sources I have found for planners.

Another thing I have found out recently is that if one is storing fabric painting pens or dye pens that it is a good idea to keep them horizontal. If they are stored vertically then they dry out. Ask me how I know this! :-) I love dye pens & watercolour pencils for adding a hint of colour into some of my applique shapes.

So for the next four days it will be all systems go. I'm going to see if I can find a Simplicity bias binding maker while at the show as it looks amazing! I watched the video on the Creative Grids website and was well impressed. I do love gadgets!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Diane. It was a new experience for us. Just a pity that I picked up a bug while there and am only just recovering!

    ReplyDelete