Saturday, March 18, 2006

Fun, fun, fun all the way!

I've had a fantastic day dyeing. I just love playing with colours and fabric and time flew by. I still have one batch to come out of the washing machine. I did some discharge work on a few also rans from a previous batch plus I dyed some 1/2 metre lengths using lots of colours. In fact I went overboard with the colours. Bright is me but this is definitely brighter than bright and I love them. So much so that I may have difficulty cutting into them let alone selling them. It has been bitterly cold here today with a nasty cold wind which seems to find every crack to whistle down and make the house chilly. However I kept the heating on and the dyeing proceeded as normal without a hitch. The cough is still with me so I am going to have another early night but I'll post some pictures of todays efforts. To look at on the table one could have been forgiven for thinking that these pieces were going to come out looking like mud as there was no discernable colour showing at all but in the event they are as colourful as can be. Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely lucious!!! I sure wish it would warm up here so I could get some dyeing done!!

    teri

    ReplyDelete