Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm back!

The house seems to be very quiet....like a morgue! It is always sad to see Caroline and children leave but then again it is good to get my house back to normal and to know that I will be able to get into my workroom and get on with stuff. This has been a very meaningful visit for me as I've been re-evaluating what I want and in which direction I want to go. I don't think I'm going to be doing as much of some things as I have in the past as there are things I want to do and I intend to make time for them. It is very good for the soul to be forced to stop and take a break. The stepping back has been useful. More of this in future blogs. I have to get back into blogging and will be feeling my way for a bit.
--
A very big thank you to Marja-Leena Rathje who wrote to me with news of an exhibition in Truro Museum of Annabel Carey who is a batik artist. I was unaware that this exhibition was on and would have missed it! Annabel Carey was born in Manchester just over fifty years ago and is a textile artist using batik to portray landscapes and architecture. The work on view was of a twenty year project entitled Spirit of the Stones. These pieces celebrate prehistoric stone circles of the British Isles, several of which are in Cornwall which is why it was such an important exhibition to see.
--
Chun Quoit Penwith Cornwall












The Merry Maidens Penwith Cornwall

Men an tol Penwith Cornwall
I will put a few more up using Picasa. It was really good seeing this collection and greatly inspired me with the subject matter. My favourite piece was a wonderful study in the use of light. It was brilliant. I will post a not terribly good picture. The problem being the light reflecting in the glass as all the works were framed as pictures. I couldn't use a flash but they were very well lit anyway.
--
Today has been spent cleaning up and finding all the things that have been forgotten and will need posting on. Fenella told her mother that she was going to stay with Granny for ever and ever! Made me feel good! Grin!
--
Now I must go shopping and fill up the depleted larder. They will be down again at the end of June so I needn't feel bereft. In fact I am full of joy at the thought of playing with my Lutradur eventually!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Valeri, for visiting the show and posting about it and sharing your photos! I do wish I could have seen it myself, but this comes second best!
    I've noted this on my blog as well so readers can come see your photos here:

    http://www.marja-leena-rathje.info/archives/update_on_batik_show.php

    ReplyDelete