Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday!


I don't know where I found all these little motifs with the day of the week on but I think they are quite quaint! I have several for each day so will be able to indulge myself for a few weeks more!

As I am on holiday after Friday for two weeks until the beginning of May I thought it would be good to try and tidy up a bit in the workroom. And among the many bits and pieces I have found so far were these three pieces of machine embroidery that I digitised a few years ago. It seems a shame to leave them languishing in a drawer but I don't really know what to use them for. All suggestions will be warmly welcomed!



















I had a lovely morning indulging myself in some retail therapy! I went into Redruth to the Sewing Studio where I bought loads of lovely material. Some pretty printed greens which will be good for leaves; some browns and greys for cats and dogs and some lovely pinks and flowery material for strangely enough flowers! I also bought a couple of pieces of Japanese style fabric to add to my collection. When I have enough I will design a quilt to use it up and show it off! Part of my tidy-up plan is to use up all the oddments of fabric which are cluttering up the CD tower where I keep my FQ's. I am going to make bags of shapes such as squares, rectangles and triangles with them and then sell them by the bundle. These won't be bondawebbed but will be for patchwork projects such as nine patch or flying geese. It has been necessary to start making a list of all the things I need-want to do so that I can be organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment