Thursday, October 02, 2008

Total Confusion!



Confusion!




When I started this piece I thought I knew what I was doing. I had sketched out some ideas and chosen the sketch that most emplified what I wanted to do and I'd chosen the fabrics that I wanted to use. And then somehow I got lost. I was confused. It wasn't what I'd had in mind when I started. In fact it was a mess! But rather than call it 'Mess' I have called it 'Confusion'. I'm sure lots of us have this happen but that doesn't make me feel any happier. I now realise that if I was going to use this very busy piece of hand-dyed fabric as a background then the foreground fabrics should have been much, much stronger, especially the lilac. Or better still I should have used a plain background fabric. And really when one comes to look at closely it isn't going to work anyway! But hey! I'm not going to worry when it gets coffee dripped on it am I!
-
It's freezing cold here so I'm going to make a courgette and asparagus risotto for tea using the last of our courgettes. Good comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment