Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Treat!


As it is Easter this coming weekend I made a Simnel Cake. I haven't made one for years so it is a bit of a treat. For those who don't know Simnel Cake is an Easter speciality. It is a rich fruit cake with a layer of marzipan in the centre of the cake and then a layer of marzipan on top. Traditionally it has 11 small balls of marzipan on the top also and the centre of the marzipan is covered with yellow glace icing. However I decided to put small chocolate eggs on the top. I made two loaf tin shapes instead of one big round one and took one to work this afternoon where it was soon devoured and pronounced good! We will have the other one for Easter Sunday tea!
=
I am delighted to hear that my stick insect is possibly a Praying Mantis and fond of aphids! Anything that feasts on aphids is welcome in my garden. So thank you to Anonymous from Memphis for that comment. Much welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment