Friday, April 03, 2009

Stick Insects


Some time ago I mentioned that I had found a stick insect in the garden and one in the house! Today I decided to pull compost out of the compost bin to mulch the garden and there on the top of it on the lid was a baby stick insect. I think I had shakent the Weigilia which is next to it and the poor little thing dropped off. So I put him back and hope he manages OK. He had gone when I next went out to look. Do I perhaps have a colony of stick insects in my garden? Are they breeding like mad! It is Spring! I know next to nothing about them and I'm curious! Do they fly? I always thought they were a foreign creature. Obviously they like the garden!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Memphis. Your stick insect looks like a praying mantis and they are very good for the garden. They like to dine on aphids. Hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete