Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dyeing Results



This was how the piece I photographed yesterday turned out. It will make a good background for a piece involving tree trunks and foliage.



I called this piece Crazy Frogs because it looked just like frogs leaping about when it was still wet. I has dried lighter but still has the leaping effect.



I love this piece. It was a using up the dyes that were left piece. Probably it will look better when enlarged but the colours are subtle and morning misty. The photos below are of some of the stripey batch. I love the way the stripes bleed outwards into the second colour. Now I have to go and make a cot quilt as I've just become a great-aunt. My niece-in-law has just produced a little girl - Camilla Evangeline!



1 comment:

  1. THOSE are rather superly yummy! reminds me of why I covet so much yummy sock yarn! just a snippet of suggestion of the yumminess has me reaching out for some! SUPER colours!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete