Monday, May 18, 2009

Festival of Quilts

Thank you Goosey and Jeannie for your messages of support and interest. It is good to know you are out there!
-
This year I thought I'd go with friends to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham. Most years I go to the Allie Pallie (Alexandra Palace) in London for the show there but I thought it would be good to have a change. Now this show isn't until the end of August but when I tried booking rooms at the hotels recommended on the F of Q site I found that they were all fully booked. So is this show popular or what! I was able eventually to book rooms at a hotel on site that wasn't going to cost us an arm and a leg. I want to be spending my money on more things for my stash not on room and board! I am really looking forward to it and it will be a mini holiday. We are going to travel up on the Thursday and go to the show on Friday returning home on Saturday. I'm relieved that we've got rooms and that we didn't leave it any later or we might not have been able to go! That would have been a disaster. Now I just have to book the train tickets!

3 comments:

  1. You'll love it, Valeri! I don't know if I'm going this year but I'll let you know if I can... I stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn a few years ago - is that the one you're in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we are going to be at the Ramada. Martin and I stayed in a Ramada hotel around Preston on our way to Scotland and it was OK so I think we'll be fine! Let me know if you go as it would be fun to meet!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. will you be seeing Susan when you go? I'm jealous.. :) sounds like great fun !
    Debs

    ReplyDelete