Friday, November 18, 2005

Apple Project Stage 2

Well I couldn't leave it alone. I had to go and do a bit more to the Apple Project tonight knowing that I wouldn't get a lot, if any, time over the weekend. I continued to build up the shapes so that the background would be there when I came to sew. I had some recently dyed yarn that has a shiny thread running through it that seemed just perfect for this project plus some boucle yarn that I dyed ages ago that gave me the crinkly look that I wanted for the foreground apple a la the plastic wrapped picture in Photoshop. You may feel on looking at it that I've ruined it completely but I know that when I stitch over it all this will fade into the background making it much more artistic. It is obvious, well to me anyway, that when I start doing projects like this that I am first and foremost an embroiderer albeit an experimental one. I love playing with threads and felt like a surgeon as I chopped up tiny pieces of Bondaweb and positioned them with tweezers before fusing the yarn with my tiny Clover iron. How did I ever manage before I had this iron? It is a wonderful tool. I am not too fussed about having 'apple' apples. It is the shape that is important and the composition. And the fact that although they won't be carbon copies of apples it will be obvious what they are. Well have a look and see what you think. Love it or hate it? Or worse still doesn't it move you at all? I'm going to empty the dishwasher and re-fill it, and then I'm going to make a cup of hot chocolate and read a book! Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment