Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Footless!

I had never really thought about how much we use our feet regardless of what we are doing. Having to have three days of compulsory rest using my foot as little as possible I have found that there is not a lot I can do. I had thought this would be a good time to be in the workroom and work on things until I found that I needed to keep getting things and moving around to see the work better. So I gave up all thoughts of that and sat in a chair and sewed a fine seam...by hand! It has been a good opportunity to finish my Katrina block and ta da it is done. I don't think there is any room for anything else on it. Well maybe one or two things. It has turned into a very busy block indeed. Not quite what I intended at the outset but I think I'm pleased with it. I suffer from the 'with hindsight' syndrome in that as soon as I've started on something I can think of dozens of ideas that would have been better! Oh well too late to start another one now.
This is being an enjoyable time because I am being waited on hand and foot by Martin which is very nice. And I don't have to feel guilty that I am just sitting comfortably while he is running around after me. I'm sure next week I shall feel suitably refreshed and not just in my foot. This enforced quiet time has been and is being good for my soul. Thank you again to everyone for your good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment