Monday, November 21, 2005

Finished! The Katrina block is finished!

I am now totally finished with my block for the Katrina quilt. I found it hard not to keep seeing places where I could add or extend a bit more. But now it is all ready to ship to Sharon on Wednesday. Looking at the finished block I'm not sure whether I am completely happy with it but it does embody for me all the attributes of New Orleans. I must remember to include my explanation and the whys and wherefores etc when I post it off. To me New Orleans is carnival and this is what I've tried to express in the heading of 'All that Jazz'. The music, the flowers, the rich bright colours, the general riot of frills and flounces; all of this is what has inspired me with this block. I love carnivals; any and all of them. The noise, the smells, the thrills, the excitement and most of all the bright gaudy colours.... these are what turn me on. So I hope my block conveys those feelings to others when they look at it.

5 comments:

  1. It does do that for me...Gorgeous colors, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it in the flesh - its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sparkles like New Orleans at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning but then we knew it would be. Can't wait to see the apples in their finished state. Do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and cheerful, like a Southern lady smiling at all the world....

    ReplyDelete