Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Simple still life!

I think it will be fun to take part in the Simple Still Life exercises and also be good for me. It wasn't easy choosing five similar objects but in the end I went for five apples as I had just done the Tuesday night shop and had five apples to hand. One would think that to arrange five apples would be a piece of cake but not so! How many ways can one arrange five apples? Well I could have gone on all night! In the end I plumped for three versions and I think I am going to go with the last one. In fact I got involved with playing with this in PhotoShop and time passed! I started writing this at 10.00pm and it is now gone 11.00! Was this a good idea! lol But it is going to be fun and will make me think through my design ideas more thoroughly. Already I can see where I can go with the apples!

Having spent so much time playing in PS I now have to go and do mundane household tidying up before I can go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I like the last one best, but I also like the soldierly formation of all the apples in line for some reason.

    Two things I like: the variation in color (none of the objects I've tried so far have the color variation)and the contrast of the linear floor with the curves of the apples.

    ReplyDelete