Sunday, January 08, 2006

Day 2 Dyeing.

This morning I overdyed the fabrics I had dyed yesterday. I got a lovely selection of greens and some really useful browns. Some of the colours would make good sets for themed packs. I must think about doing this. Altogether I was pleased with the results. I was aiming for good useful colours that would act as basics. And that is what I got. Next week I'll do some one of a kind fancy pieces. The wools came out better than I had expected and feel lovely and soft. There is always the worry that wools will become brittle after dyeing especially if they go in the microwave for any time at all. The rust one was microwaved as it was done with an acid dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment