Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm Back!

Well after nearly a week of trauma and upset I again have an internet connection. I'm still not sure whether I can send emails though the machine (Jake!) is telling me I can and I don't know how long this happy state of affairs will last. We have terminated our agreement with our old ISP and are waiting for our new ISP to connect us up but at this moment I am using the old connection which is miraculously working. They have had so much trouble and lots of flak from unhappy customers that they have been providing MAC numbers without any arguments. It has been a bad time all round and this was possibly the least of my problems but it compounded all the others and seemed to be the worst. But we won't go there as it just makes me depressed!
In the meantime I have been able to get lots of work done. In times of stress I dye and I now have a heap of dyed fabrics. Enough for any and all occasions. Plus I have been playing with my abstract sea scene. It is now ready to quilt. I have worked on this one because I didn't want my mood to ruin it and this one doesn't really matter so I could do what I wanted without worrying about it. Actually I am quite pleased with the results ...so far. The grey bit under the sun is a mess but I will tidy this up when I'm stitching. It is land not sky! Ha you thought it was sky gone wrong didn't you? But its land gone wrong!
Also I have played with the leaves and positioned them onto the background. I'm still not sure which if either placement I'm going with but it was mindless work and good for the soul. For this reason I haven't fused anything yet in case I have a complete reversal of vision for this piece. These small pieces are basically pot boilers as they don't take a lot of time; are fun to do; and readily sell. And it is impossible for me to work big as I just don't have the room. There is nowhere in my tiny house to lay out a large quilt. I would never get the layers together so the largest piece I can do is about 60 x 60 and even that is a struggle. Because of this I am more anxious than ever to find a studio I can rent that isn't too far away. This would also allow me to run workshops as well. However this is like looking for gold at the end of the rainbow!
I watched the Ricky Tims video last night ....Grand Finale. A good video and I gained lots of ideas from it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see how someone else puts their quilts together and stitches them. Thoroughly enjoyable!
I'll post a few pictures and then I'll keep my fingers crossed that I am here tomorrow! I've almost forgotten how to blog and I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back. Hope your new ISP is more reliable. I can't believe how long you had to go without a connection. Outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow seems like forever you were away LOL... kept going back seeing if you had gotten online and though ohh boy is she going to be peeved. ... nice to see you back!
    Sandy
    but wow sounds like you got alot done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back...missed you so much. Really life the leaves version 1, can't explain the difference but this one really calls to me. I had to listen to Bon Jovi just to get a Val fix. BTW if you liked Janis Joplin, you might give a listen to Joss Stone. Really young so doesn't quite have the blues quality of Janis but that is how they are touting her over here.Hope the new ISP is a better experience. Having just gone through the famous dead hard drive, my sympathy's were with you. I also lost lots of days blogging and didn't get as much work done as you did because of being on the phone with Dell tech support for hours.

    ReplyDelete