Thursday, September 22, 2005

Shattered!

I am totally shattered. I'd forgotten how exhausting teaching can be especially on the first night. All I want to do is lie on the floor and expire! There are both novices and intermediates in the class and I've ended up with some doing sampler quilts, some doing crazy patchwork and one doing machine applique. I don't know how that last one slipped in there as it wasn't on my list of things to do. But I'm sure it will all work out in the end if I haven't died in the meantime!

It was interesting to see that no one had any thoughts on influence as pertaining to one's art. Obviously it isn't something of interest though I find it a fascinating subject. Oh well on to other things.

Before I completely flake out I must say that I am over the moon because my avocado plant has grown! I've been meaning to say this for a week or so now and forgotten. But it has leaves and roots and I'm really chuffed! Way to go! Now I really need to put it into soil and pot it up but I'm not quite sure how to go about this. Do I bury the original seed even though it has a split in the top? Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

It has lots of leaves and little ones coming all the way down the stem. Not at all as I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment