Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Disperse dyeing

I had a class this morning in disperse dyeing and I had forgotten quite how much fun it is. What is so wonderful about this process is that the dyes last for ever as do the coloured papers. I was able to print out using a hot iron a pattern that I had created in 2003! It was a fun morning! I can think of all kinds of ways of using the fabric produced. I don't have any pictures and I 'm too lazy to go and take any pictures but I will eventually just not tonight. My feet are aching from all the walking I did over the weekend and I'm still not recovered. In fact I have felt really tired all day. Too much excitement going away and now its all anti climax. It will take me a few days to get back into the swing of things and my normal routine. I am a creature of habit and find that if I don't have a plan each day then I don't get very much done.

Talking of dyeing I need to have a mammoth dyeing session. I am so low on stock since doing the show. However it will have to wait until the weekend as the day job gets in the way of doing much. I can use the mornings to dye small amounts but not a gigantic dye. I am so tired and talking, or more accurately, writing about this dye marathon is making me feel even tireder! Its the Cornish air! And I've only been away for five days!

No comments:

Post a Comment