Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pictures from yesterdays disperse dye session

These are just a few of the samples I did yesterday with my group. The idea was to show them different techniques and ways of getting different effects. I shall use these pieces either to free machine over, do machine embroidery on, or to cut out for applique shapes. I have some large pieces that I did with fishy scenes. I dyed the fabric first and being a poly/cotton the colour was weaker and then I used disperse dyes as transfer prints to weed and fishes onto it. I shall then, eventually stitch over and couch thicker threads on it and in the fullness of time it will become a wallhanging! Once I get started it won't take long as I work really quickly when the adrenaline is flowing. Of course it would have been an idea to iron these pieces before taking pictures! But then that would be too simple!

2 comments:

  1. nice to log onto here once in a while just to see what the wife is up to,she seems so busy I think I'll pay off the private detective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool! But what the heck is disperse dyeing? Do we call it something different in the USA? I'd love to know how to get these great effects...

    P.S. I love the anonymous comment above...

    ReplyDelete